I was browsing through my notifications on social media when I came across one post from Jessica of Travel with Jess who just nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award (Yey!!).
Thank you so much for the nomination! It’s so cool to be a part of a supportive community and to be nominated by a mom travel blogger too! 🙂
Table of Contents
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is a peer recognition for bloggers that have brought positivity, creativity and some general sunshine into the life of their readers.
Personally, I think that this is such a cool way to acknowledge amazing bloggers out there who inspire and continues to motivate people to travel and do what they love to do!
Now as part of the nomination process, all the nominees are asked to answer 10 questions and answer it on their blog.. So here goes mine!
1. Do you travel full-time or just when you can?
I travel when I can. I’d love to go full time though.. Maybe one day. But for now, our priority is raising my daughter well and providing for her. We know we can’t just travel for extended days.
We schedule trips in between weekends and holidays when we’re both available.
2. Where is your favourite place in the whole world?
Disneyland! Visiting there just makes me want to be a kid again – carefree and happy!
3. Where is one place that really disappointed you?
Hmmm.. I remember this one mountain resort somewhere in Cebu where we visited with my family. The view was OK, the air was fresh, and the room was pretty cool but I was really disappointed with how the staff handled rowdy guests late at night. It was so disappointing that I just decided not to blog about it.
4. Tell me about a time you did something embarrassing when travelling?
Hmmm.. I really can’t remember. But I know I have several embarrassing moments.. LOL.
I’d guess that one time we climbed Mount Pulag in Benguet and I drank one bottle of energy drink. We were just barely starting the trek and I was suddenly out of breath, gasping for air… So much for boosting the energy.
5. How do you fund your travels?
Well, my husband and I make sure to save a portion of our monthly earnings on travel fund. We have one bank account solely for travels only.
6. What keeps you blogging?
I think my desire to help people plan their trip and have my own platform where I can share my experiences keeps me blogging. It also helps that I consider the blog as my personal creative outlet.
7. Have you ever offended anyone in another country by doing something that is totally socially acceptable in your own country?
Not that I know of. To date, my travels have been mostly in Asia so most of the time, we share the same culture.
8. What place have you visited that is fantastic value for money?
Hmmm.. I think staying at the Marina Bay Sands for the view at the infinity pool was a fantastic value for money.
9. What do you enjoy doing when you are not travelling?
I love spending time with my daughter, read books and just lounge around lazily. Right now, having some ‘me-time’ is really hard to come by with household chores and mommy-duties waiting for me to get it done. LOL. Oh and writing of course. 🙂
10. What is your travel style? (luxury, budget, cruising etc)
Hmmm.. I think it depends solely on the people I am with. Post-marriage, if it’s just me and my husband (my then-boyfriend), we usually go for luxury travel as its more convenient for the both of us. But after giving birth, it’s more centred on budget travel.
When we travel with friends and family though, it’s a budget travel through and through!
11. How did you come up with your blog name?
OSMIVA is actually derived from my siblings’ first letters of our names – in order. I’m the third of 6 sisters, so I’m basically ‘M’ in OSMIVA. 🙂
When coming up with a blog name, we (my husband and I) just thought it’d be cool to make a brand out of that.
The Rules of the Sunshine Blogger Award:
For every award, there should also be a set of rules, right? For the Sunshine Blogger Award, these are the simple rules that we need to follow:
1. Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in the blog post and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger(s) asked you.
3. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
4. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award Logo in your post and/or on your blog.
My Blog Nominations:
So here comes the fun part: I’d get to share the love and the sunshine to some of my favourite bloggers by nominating them for the Sunshine Blogger Award too.
1. Hopping Feet
2. Milana’s Travels
4. Two Travelling Texans
6. Taralets Anywhere
7. Jaipur Thru My Lens
8. Sydney Sees the World
9. All Gud Things
10. The Blessing Bucket
11. Through Julia’s Lens
My 11 New Questions for the Nominees:
1. What/ who inspired you to blog?
2. What place is top of your bucket list?
3. Where would you most like to live in the world?
4. What’s been your scariest moment?
5. What’s been the weirdest thing you’ve seen?
6. How many foreign words have you learnt so far?
7. What have you brought that you haven’t used?
8. What can’t you travel without?
9. What home comfort do you miss the most when you’re on the road?
10. What’s the best piece of travel advice you’ve received?
11. What’s your top travel tip?
Can’t wait to read their answers to this questions as well! 🙂 Cheers!
Congratulations. Thanks for nominating me. I regret to inform you that my blog is award free. I only do post which relate to my city – Jaipur – theme for my blog -Jaipurthrumylens! I would once again thank you for considering Jaipurthrumylens. Hope your blog soars to bigger heights. I think we have something in common, you write on Philippines and I, Jaipur! 🙂
No worries.. Thank you Arv! 🙂 Cheers!